Client Portal Agreement
This Client Portal Agreement (“Agreement”) is made by and between Wilcox Arredondo & Co. (the “Firm”) and you (“Client” or “You”) effective on the date you acknowledge the following Terms and Conditions:
- Purpose: The Firm owns and provides a Client Portal to permit easy and secure electronic transfer of documents between Client and the Firm and Client access to certain documents created or maintained by the Firm. The Client Portal web-based applications are exclusively provided to the Firm’s clients and intended for their sole use.
- Use: By using any features of the Firm’s Client Portal, Client consents to the following terms and conditions and acknowledges that the Firm is relying on your consent in allowing you to use the Firm’s Client Portal. Your continued use of the Firm’s Client Portal after the posting of any amended terms and conditions shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes. The Firm may modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use of any portion of the Firm’s Client Portal, including the availability of any portion of the content at any time, without notice or liability.
- Service Availability: The Firm will use its best reasonable efforts to provide continuous availability of the Client Portal Service. The Firm shall not be responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to the Client Portal. The Firm is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone or fiber network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by the Firm on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Client’s computer or peripherals related to downloading any materials from the Client Portal.
- Security: Documents are encrypted before being passed over the Internet and while being stored on the Portal and a username and password are required to access files. In addition, documents added to the Portal are scanned for viruses before being uploaded. All files are maintained behind firewalls to protect against outside intruders. The Firm will use its best efforts to make the Client Portal secure from unauthorized access. However, Client recognizes that no completely secure system for electronic data transfer has yet been devised.
- Logon Accounts and Their Security:
- The Firm will set up individual logon accounts for those of Client’s employees who need access to the Client Portal. Each account will have access only to those document areas requested by Client. (The Firm strongly recommends that Client establish a policy that logon information not be shared with others.) In order to maintain security, Client agrees to designate a single individual as the authorized person to contact the Firm to request employee logons. The initial designee is listed below. All initial logon passwords will be transmitted to the designee by email, and passwords will then be changed by you.
- You acknowledge that the use of username and password is an adequate form of security. You are solely responsible for (1) authorizing, monitoring, controlling access to, and maintaining the strict confidentiality of your username and password; (2) not allowing another person to use your username or password; (3) any charges or damages that may be incurred as a result of your neglect to maintain the strict confidentiality of your username and password; and (4) promptly informing the Firm in writing of any need to deactivate a username due to security concerns or otherwise. The Firm is not liable for any harm related to the misuse or theft of usernames or passwords, disclosure of usernames or passwords, or your authorization to allow another person or entity to access and use the Firm’s Client Portal using your username or password. You shall immediately notify the Firm of any unauthorized use of your username or password and any breach of confidentiality. Until the Firm receives this notification from you, you will be held liable for any harm ensuing from the use of your username on the Firm’s Client Portal.
- Termination of Logon Account: Client agrees to notify the Firm via email at email@example.com in writing when an individual logon account is to be terminated. The Firm will make every effort to confirm and terminate access within 2 business days. However, Client cannot be assured that access has been terminated until you receive an email confirmation of termination.
- Links to Third-Party Sites: The Client Portal website may contain links to other websites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of the Firm and the Firm is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including, without limitation, any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to Linked Site. The Firm is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. The Firm is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Firm of the site or any association with its operators.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Use: As a condition of your use of the Client Portal website, you warrant to the Firm that you or your approved users will not use the Firm’s Client Portal website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Firm’s Client Portal website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Firm’s website or interfere with any other party’s use of the Client Portal website. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Client Portal website.
- Information Disclosure: The Firm reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in the Firm’s sole discretion.
- Client’s Responsibility: You must at your own cost (a) provide for your own access to the Internet and pay any services fees, connection charges, and online services usage associated with such access and (b) provide all equipment necessary for you to make such connection to the Client Portal, including a computer and modem.
- Dispute Resolution: The parties agree that any dispute between Client and the Firm relating to this Agreement, or the breach of it, shall, if negotiations and other discussions fail, be first submitted to mediation in accordance with the applicable rules for resolving professional accounting and related services disputes of the State of Oregon. If the parties are unable to resolve the dispute through mediation within 60 days from the date notice is first given from one party to the other as to the existence of such a dispute and the demand to mediate, then they may proceed to resolve the matter by arbitration if this agreement provides that the particular dispute is subject to arbitration, or by whatever other lawful means are available to them if this agreement does not provide for arbitration of the particular dispute. Costs of any mediation proceeding shall be shared equally by all parties.
- WARRANTIES: THE FIRM MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE EFFICACY OF THE SECURITY OF THE CLIENT PORTAL. THE CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND THE FIRM SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT. THE FIRM, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM OR CAUSED BY THE PORTAL, ITS CONTENT, OR SECURITY SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN. THE FIRM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE CLIENT PORTAL’S FUNCTIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE FIRM’S CLIENT PORTAL OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE PORTAL, INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS, OR COMMUNICATIONS ON THE PORTAL, OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THE PORTAL AND THE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS, OR COMMUNICATIONS YOU OBTAINED FROM THE PORTAL.
- Term and Termination: This Agreement and the services contemplated by it may be terminated by either the Firm or Client with or without cause and with or without notice at any time. The Firm may at any time terminate in whole or in part the Firm’s Client Portal without notice or liability.
- Miscellaneous: This is the entire agreement between the Firm and Client regarding its subject matter. This Agreement does not modify or affect any existing or future engagement letter or agreement between the Firm and Client. The Firm may, in its discretion, alter, add to, or delete the Terms and Conditions from time to time without any prior notice. Unless otherwise specified by the Firm, all alterations, additions, and deletions shall take effect automatically and be binding on and from the day they are posted on the Portal.
By clicking to accept this agreement you hereby execute this Client Portal Agreement.